IMPORTANT VISA QUESTIONS...!!

Common questions asked in Visa Interview

Purpose of Visit??..

Why US??..

Why MS??..

How MS will help you??..

Which University??..

How many universities have you applied for??..

Out of that how many acceptance letters did you get??..

Why That particular university??..


Why USA?

· To pursue my masters program in electrical engineering.

Why only USA?

· US universities are primary research centers as the curriculum is more practical and application oriented.

· The real hands on experience in the state of art facilities can translate me into a professional.

· We can be a professional by exposure to most advanced curriculum.

· Ability to handle everything independently.

· It gives an international degree coupled with global exposure

Why international degree?

· Because nowadays competition is global.

Global exposure?

· To keep pace with the latest in the world.

· US universities give equal opportunities to international students.

· The flexibility in course duration.

· I can complete my master’s course in 15-18 months.

· I can gain time. I will be a fore runner among equals.

US is home of global giants. Like Delphi, Motorola etc.

Why M.S?

· I would like to have an in depth knowledge in my field of specialization.

· As a mark of academic excellence and for good long term fast track career opportunities.

Why not do u r MS in India?

· I have an option to go for the best.

· OR I wish to go for the best.

· Why don’t you join in IITs?

· Nowadays even IITians are going to USA for their masters.

· Ultimately it is the quality of education and right trend of exposure.

Why I have done my MS from so and so university and I am sitting over here?

· Sir, u r in the best of places, shaping up future of young Indians like me.

· Sir, given an option I would like to be u r deputy.

Who said US education is of the best quality?

· As per the world education report published by british library, it rates US education six years ahead of rest of the world.

Education in IITs is of the best quality?

· Yes sir, it is but unfortunately the admission process is influenced by several external factors.

· Like reservations and performance of an applicant in a test of 3 hrs on one particular day.

· My opportunities are reduced to chances, which is why I preferred US schools which have a transparent and clear admission policy.

Why not other countries?

· US is an undisputed leader. In other countries language is a barrier and moreover there r no equal opportunities.

Why this university?

· This is the best choice of the various admits that I have received.

· The reputation of the school, the profile of my department and the close interaction with the industry are the key factors..

· Facilities.

The department has ample resources in computing equipment, including Pentium computers and the latest high performance workstations running the full suite of Mentor Graphics Computer Aided Design software, the same software that is used by the most successful high technology companies. In addition, the department maintains laboratories for digital and analog circuit design, electric machines, physical electronics, telecommunications system design, and multimedia software development..

Each student will select from technical electives such as VLSI design (i.e., designing microchips), biomedical instrumentation, microwave transmission, communication systems, digital signal processing, microprocessors, multi-media programming, power systems design and analysis, optical electronics and computer networks.

Profile of two professors.

Prof. Madhu.S.Gupta’s areas of specialization include RF Electronics, RF and Microwave Systems, Noise and Communication Systems

Prof Fred J. Harris’s areas of specialization include Digital Signal Processing, Communications Systems Coding, Fast Algorithms

I would like to do my MS under their guidance.

The department interacts closely with the industry and the curriculum is updated to match the future demands.

When you know so much about u r university why did you apply to so many universities?

· The competition is so high, I wish not to take any chances.

On what basis did u choose the universities?

· I did a basic research work. I have referred to the Petersons guide, internet and also sought help from my friends and seniors.

Why did you not get funding?

· It depends on the policies of the school.

In the absence of funding will you work while studying?

· Yes if it relates to my academics.

· Like graduate assistantship, research assistantship, teaching assistantship and lab assistantship.

So you are looking for money?

· Sir any awards and rewards for academic performance are always welcome.

Don’t u think u r over ambitious in expecting GA, RA etc?

· I wish to perform, excel and expect.

Will you come to India for summers?

· I wish to complete my masters at the earliest.

Is it worth spending this much money for masters?

· Looking at future prospects in my field and good career it is definitely worthy.

· My parents do appreciate the importance of quality education.

What r u r parents?

· My parents are employees of State Bank Of India

Father annual income pa i.e month

Mother annual income pa i.e. /month

Rental income pa (mother) i.e . /month

Annual interest income pa

Total annual income of family 11, 75,719 pa

How r they going to support you?

· We have liquid cash sources lakhs and a family income of 11, 75,719 per annum.

· Money has never been a constraint.

How come they have accumulated so much of money?

· Our income levels have always been greater than expenses.

How many brothers and sisters?

· I have an elder sister.

· He has specialized in orthodontics.

Why is she not sponsoring you?

· My parents have good enough financials.

Do you have a house?

· Yes

Do you have a car?

· Yes, 2000 model Maruti 800. Color Red.

· Registration number AP 31 R 9828

Why did you mention your car in your CA statement?

· Sir, things like gold, silver and cars account for status symbols. And we would like to liquidate them.

· Moreover cars are depreciable

What are your future plans?

I wish to see myself as a nano designer with one of the top companies.

· Motorola, HCL technologies, HP, IBM, Intel, LG electronics etc.

· The future looks bright sir.

What is the salary you expect when you return to India?

· 5-6 lakhs per annum.

Don’t you think you’re over ambitious?

· Thanks to globalization. The pay packets in India are good. And this is what managerial people are paid.

What if you are offered a job in US?

· I will accept it if it is challenging and rewarding.

So you want to settle down in US?

· Sir, three years of experience in US can take me to the best position in Indian outfit.

What really makes you come back to India?

· There is so much untapped market in India and moreover I am comfortable with my people.

Be with your people from now itself?

· I wish to have an identity of my own.

Why don’t you join now in an Indian company?

· The positions that are offered now are at entry level. Whereas with masters I can aspire for something bigger.

Don’t you think you are little over ambitious?

· Sir, I believe setting a goal is first step to success.

What if I don’t give you a visa?

· I am sure genuine student will never be let down at the US consulate.

· Sir it is a win-win situation & I am a positive & confident student of getting a visa.

Win-win situation?

· Sir, my school will benefit from my fees and I will be benefited by my masters.

So what’s there for me in it then?

· You will go down as a hero in my autobiography.

So u will write an autobiography?

· (+Ve) YES I wish to contribute something of my own.

What if I give you a visa?

· I shall thank you profusely.

Y should i issue a visa?

am fulfilling all the requirements of visa and univ.I have sufficient bankbalance to fund my education.i have clear cut plans to come back to india.I am sure i ll be absorbed in one the mncs like ibm oracle etc etc.I beleive genuine studnet like me .. wont be rejectd . I am thoroughly qualified and has the enough reasons to get d visa..

Why should I believe that you will come back?

· Sir, I know where I will fit comfortably.

· Even the best of global giants are looking at India. So I can establish myself very quick over here.

Why your gre verbal is low?

· A few questions were little too tough. It had its impact.

· How many admits have you received?

· I have been admitted into 3 universities.

· I have been denied admission into 1 university out of seven that I have applied. ( university of Pittsburgh)

· And my application at New Mexico State University is still under review.

Which Universities did you apply to? (Both admits and rejects)?

I applied for San Diego state University, California,

Wright State University, Ohio

Clarkson University. New York

New Mexico State University

University of Pittsburgh.

Got admits in 3 Universities and 1 University admit is under departmental review.

Y havent u applied for the univs mentioned in ur score report?
At the time of taking test i havent serioulsy thought abt the univs..
once i got my scores i started a search....

You have made a poor choice. If you had come with the other I20 I would have given you a visa?

· I thank you very much for your concern sir. But this university is my choice.

You seem to come very well prepared?

· Yes

Why?

· It’s a life time interview & it gives clear direction to my career.

Have you contacted any of your professors?

· No, their time is precious. I taught it is too premature to disturb them.

· All information is available in their webpage.

Achievements of the University/ tel something about the university

SDSU is ranked as the No. 1 most productive research university, among schools with 14 or fewer Ph.D. programs based on the Faculty Scholarly Productivity Index for 2006-07.

SDSU ranks in the top 150 colleges and universities in research and development expenditures, according to the latest data available from the National Science Foundation (2005).

For two years in a row, SDSU has been ranked the No. 1 most productive research university, among schools with 14 or fewer Ph.D. programs based on the Faculty Scholarly Productivity Index. --Academic Analytics, 2007

SDSU has been designated a "Research University" with high research activity by the Carnegie Foundation.

SDSU was ranked among the nation's best graduate schools in education (No. 58) according to U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Graduate Schools 2009 Guide."

8 Response to "IMPORTANT VISA QUESTIONS...!!"

  1. raj says:

    really superb work

    Unknown says:

    awesome

    nameera says:

    nice.
    but given an opportunity would u like to work there?
    the answer should be no.

    jaswanth says:

    thx dude

    thank you i feel lil' bit releaved aftr reading them.
    thank you so much...
    i really appreciate the kind of information you have updated your blog with.

    Unknown says:

    superb...success.......mate:)

    hari says:

    Good Collection and good work.... i've also collected some more useful visa stuff.... U can Get it here..
    http://usefuldrive.com/category/studyabroad/

    Unknown says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Powered by Tech Stuff